150 views

I went to Central Christian when Gene Apple was the pastor. Just about every sermon I felt like he was talking to me because I could relate to what he was saying.

I left Las Vegas for 25 years and came back just 3 years ago and of course the first place I wanted to go with Central Christian. I walked in there and sat next to a woman that I asked if she would show me around the church after the service and she said it's better if you ask someone else I've only been here a year. Really that's the response you give to a newcomer? Central is nothing like it was when Gene Apple ran it.

Yes it was small but people actually interacted with one another. They had Wow, Women of the Word, a Bible study where all women in the church came together and you felt like they were all your best friends. At Central in Henderson after the service I asked if I could speak to someone or get information on people who were looking to rent a room in their home. The young kids looked at me and started telling me about homeless shelters.

I wasn't homeless, I was simply new to Las Vegas after being away for 25 years. I could go on and on but I won't. Central is nothing like it used to be. You could feel the Holy Spirit every Sunday when Gene ran it.

That church was filled with love and it's a shame that he moved to California to make yet another church as wonderful as Central Christian was back in the day. Many people love and miss you Gene and wish you'd never moved away.

User's recommendation: Go where you feel the Holy Spirit. 8m pretty sure the place will not be Central Christian.

Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Guest

I've been hurt bad, it makes me feel bad about myself.

Central Christian Church Reviews